Collection and processing of Personal Data
PAAS Research collects personal information from different sources like websites, mobile application and other panelist activities such as social media, apps and surveys. Some examples are:
- Registration: some personal data is gathered when you register, such as name, email address, postal address, telephone number etc
- Panel surveys or research activities: personal data may also be collected when you participate in a survey or in a research activity, such as use of a specific app, passive tracking or social tracking.
- Account profile: you may decide to share your mobile number or your social network ID/account with us or you may provide other personal data when setting up your account or at a later stage.
PAAS Research also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by PAAS Research such as your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by PAAS Research for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the PAAS Research web site.
We are also required by law to explain the legal basis for processing your personal data. These legal bases are listed below and could be different for each use case:
- We have your consent for the use of your personal data
- We need to use your personal data to perform a contract with you
- We need to process your data to comply with legal obligation(s)
- We need to process your data to protect your vital interests
- The processing is necessary to perform a task in the public interest
- The use of your personal data is necessary for our (or our clients’) legitimate business interests
Do note that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through PAAS Research public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
PAAS Research encourages and recommends you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from PAAS Research so that you can understand how those web sites collect, use and share your information. PAAS Research is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the PAAS Research and PAAS Research family of websites.
If you receive an email that concerns you, please let us know as shown below in ‘Contact Us’.
Use of Personal Data
The main purposes for which we use your personal Information are:
- Contact you for surveys via email, mobile notifications or texts and other communication options to inform you of other products or services available from PAAS Research and its affiliates.
- Inform you of updates to our panel services, new features and details relevant to you through panel communications
- Help you when you contact our support team or arrange for deliveries.
- Allow us to reward you with the promised incentives or include you in our prize draws
- Update, enrich and clean our panel members’ data to improve our usage of data, allowing us to better map you for surveys
- Contact you on behalf of external partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you
- PAAS Research may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis
- PAAS Research keeps track of the Website and pages our customers visit within PAAS Research, to determine what PAAS Research services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within PAAS Research to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
- PAAS Research Website will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on PAAS Research or the site.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of PAAS Research; and,
- Act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of PAAS Research, or the public.
Storing Personal Data
PAAS Research ’s data storage servers are in Europe and/or in the United States of America (USA) or another geo and are managed by third party global service providers in the cloud.
We take appropriate technological and organizational measures to protect your personal data, both during transmission and once we receive it. Our security procedures are consistent with generally accepted standards used to protect personal data.
Security measures and Confidentiality
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. PAAS Research will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. Please be careful and responsible whenever you’re online.
Also, please remember to sign out of your Panels account and close your browser window when you have finished visiting our site. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal data and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe. Please change your password regularly.
We may need to disclose your personal information when we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary
- To comply with a judicial proceeding or a court order
- If we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or act regarding illegal activities
- Suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person,
- Violations of the PAAS Research site terms
- as otherwise required by law.
PAAS Research may also disclose your personal information to third parties where it has your express permission to do so, or where it can reasonably be inferred from the circumstances that you consent to the disclosure to the third parties. Changes to this Statement PAAS Research will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback.
PAAS Research may share your personal information and/or social-demographic information, including, without limitation, a unique identification number (“UID”), postal code, gender, marital status, education, ethnicity/race (where permitted by applicable law), employment related information, and non-personally identifiable information on household members, with third party sample/market research companies (individually each a “Third Party MR Company” and collectively the “Third Party MR Companies”) for the following purposes:
- Identifying client survey opportunities that you may be eligible for through the Third-Party MR Companies.
- Disclosing such data elements to clients of the Third-Party MR Companies for audience measurement services.
- Appending such data elements to completed client surveys and delivering the appended survey data to clients of the Third-Party MR Company(ies) for analytical or research purposes.
If you are eligible for a client survey opportunity offered through a Third Party MR Company, the Third Party MR Company will provide your unique identification number and a survey link to us and we will invite you to participate in the client survey through email. We will not share your name, email address, or phone number with the Third-Party MR Companies. Your participation in such survey opportunities does not entitle you to any benefits offered by, or membership with, the Third-Party MR Companies.
If you receive an email that concerns you, please let us know as shown below in ‘Contact Us’.
The PAAS Research Website use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. Cookies are small text files stored on your computer or mobile device by a website that assigns a numerical user ID and stores certain information about your online browsing. They are used to help users navigate websites efficiently and perform certain functions. The website sends information to the browser which then creates a text file on the user’s computer or mobile device. Every time the user goes back to the same website, the browser retrieves and sends this file to the website’s server.
This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same PAAS Research Web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the PAAS Research features that you customized.
You can accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the PAAS Research services or Web sites you visit.
We may also use your IP address to check whether there have been multiple participations in the survey from this IP address and also to protect our business against fraudulent behavior.
As you use the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each website you visit. This information, which is sometimes referred to as ‘clickstream data’, may be collected and stored by a website’s server. Clickstream data can tell us the type of computer and browsing software you use and the address of the web site from which you linked to the Site. We may collect and use clickstream data as aggregated information to anonymously determine how much time visitors spend on each page of our site, how visitors navigate throughout the site and how we may tailor our web pages to better meet the needs of visitors. This information will be used to improve our site and our services. Any collection or use of clickstream data will be anonymous and will not intentionally contain any personal data.
For more information, please log in and access your cookie preferences page where you are able to adjust your cookie settings.
We encourage you to share your questions or concerns relating to your privacy or to PAAS Research privacy practices. You can contact PAAS Research by email at firstname.lastname@example.org